Playwire now offers a Self Hosted Player option for publishers looking to use our robust, feature packed Bolt Video Player, but with their own CDN for video. The Self Hosted Player uses all of the features of the Bolt Video Player. The advertising module built right into the player is now available for Publishers to use their own ad tags. Follow the steps below to use the Self Hosted Video Player:
Self Hosted Section:
- Log in to your Playwire account
- Click “Customize Player” from the top nav
- Click the Self Hosted tab
- In this section, you can make customizations the appearance of the video player such as colors, adding a watermark, etc..
- See the Customize Your Video Player support article for all customizable options
- Under your custom player, you will find an embed code
- You only need to edit 3 lines of the embed
- 1 data-poster – URL path to poster image
- 2 data-src-mp4-sd – URL path to video
- 3 data-title – Text in the Title Bar
Using Ad Tags:
Your account will be charged for each ad call that is made to your ad server, read more.
- For detailed instructions for implementing all types of ad tags, see this article
- In this example, we will be using an embed-specific ad tag, see the Using Embed Specific Ad Tags support article for all available options
- Add the data-ad-tag attribute to the embed code and your ad tag as shown on line 9 in the code example in this section
- After editing the embed code, paste it onto your website
- For more help embedding videos, see sections 3.3 and 3.4 of the Quick Start Guide
Example embed code with data-ad-tag
In the code example and demo below, the embed code will be using the ad tag set in the data-ad-tag attribute.
Embed Code Example