What is Ad Call Billing?
Ad call billing only pertains to Pro and Enterprise Partners who use their own self service ad tags. Simply put, an ad call is when our video player calls your own ad server for ads. You will then be charged based upon your total monthly ad calls at the current video billing rates.
What is an Ad Call?
An ad call is when our video player “calls” your own ad server. Your account will only be charged a maximum of 1 ad call every time your ad tags are used. After a call is made to your ad server, there are 4 possible outcomes:
- If your ad server successfully returns an ad, 1 ad call will be recorded and billed
- If your ad server fails to return an ad and your account does not have ad backfill, 1 ad call will be recorded and billed
- If your ad server fails to return an ad and your account has ad backfill activated and our backfill successfully returns an ad, no ad call will be recorded or billed
- If your ad server fails to return an ad and your account has ad backfill activated and our backfill fails to return an ad, 1 ad call will be recorded or billed
Ad Call Reporting:
There are several places where you can view your ad call metrics. You can view your total ad calls on your Dashboard in the “Ad Calls” red tile when you first log into Playwire. You can also view more in depth Ad Call data in the Analytics Section and a billing breakdown by following these steps:
- Click the “Analytics” from the left nav
- You can view the aggregate total of Ad Calls in the red info tile
- If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the Daily Usage section
- Here you can see the day by day breakdown of Ad Calls