Moving from another video platform? Follow our tips and tricks to get your video content migrated to the Playwire Platform. This article will serve as a resource for your developers to plan on ingesting videos into Playwire.
Get Videos from Platform:
Most popular video platforms provide an API to query your video content library.
- Make authenticated API requests to the video platform you are migrating from
- Make sure to retrieve the title, description, thumbnail and video source URL
- Use the programming language and/or API client of your choice
- Below are helpful links to API references for developers from other video platforms
Prepare Your API Call:
Before making a POST request to the Playwire API, you will have to develop some scripting.
- Required parameters are: your API token, name, source url and category ID (See table)
- See the Playwire API Documentation for the full list of optional parameters you can set
|Video Category||Category ID|
|Foreign & International||20|
|Home & Living||12|
POST request to Playwire:
After your data is prepared via your own scripting, you can now make POST requests.
- Review the Playwire API Documentation
- Using your programming language of choice, make POST requests to the Playwire API
- Keep in mind, if you are making hundreds of requests to the API, you may reach a limit
- Please talk to your account manager to increase your rate limit if you reach a limit
- After the initial POST request to upload the video, you can then use the /posters.json API endpoint to upload custom poster images